Standout Medical Student is a self-paced learning program designed to demystify the workplace experience that lies beyond medical school.
It will equip you with information, tools and resources before you face the prevocational training and workforce space.
The program focuses on the non-clinical aspects of your career planning and development.
- Video presentations guide you through 5 key elements of your future medical career:
- Laying Foundations
- Preparing for Internship & Beyond
- Thriving in Internship
- Planning Your Career
- Activities provide frameworks for organising your thoughts and kickstarting a structured approach to planning your career and the opportunities you can seek that will fulfil your desire to achieve your ambitions and stand out from other candidates.
- Downloadable documents including a sample medical CV will assist you to take the action required to get organised and feel more confident.
- Research various options for medical career pathways
- Examine your motivations and skills so that you can articulate these to others
- Understand what employers and training colleges will want to see in applications and at interview
- Identify opportunities that will broaden your experiences and skillset and find out how to pursue these
- Prepare your first medical CV and get ready for internship
Standout Medical Student will provide participants with information to enable a thorough approach to planning, preparing and, most importantly, taking action to build a strong foundation for your future medical career.
I worked with Anita when applying for Junior Medical Officer Positions. Anita worked closely with me to ensure my CV was at an exceptional standard and that my selection criteria address and CV were best structured to reflect my skills, strengths and experiences. Anita’s personalised and supportive approach to the job application process is strengths-based, assisting you to reflect on what makes you a stand-out candidate and communicate that effectively. Her well-organised, efficient sessions are guided by your goals. Her additional insights into career planning, professional development and organisation were invaluable. I plan to work with Anita further in future, and would definitely recommend Anita to any of my colleagues, at any stage of their career.
Ms Fletcher is an incredible asset to the Australian medical community. I first worked with Anita in my capacity as the president of the Women in Medicine Group, at the University of New South Wales, a grassroots initiative to promote gender equity in the medical profession. Anita facilitated a tailored workshop for medical students on how to build CVs. She engaged well with not only the audience, but also those who video conferenced in, showing superior communication skills. Feedback from students included praise about her practical advice, understanding, and ability to answer questions. We were also appreciative that Anita came after hours to share her knowledge with us. Thanks to Anita we now feel empowered to take positive steps towards our careers in medicine, and are excited about being the next generation of doctors.