Learn, engage and develop skills through collaboration
Standout Medical Careers workshops equip you with essential information, tools and resources for developing your career plan, interview skills, and CV improvement.
- Presentations and discussion:
- Career planning
- Effective communication of strengths and experience (unique value proposition)
- Creating an engaging CV format and CV content
- Effectively addressing selection criteria in application documents
- Employer and specialty training college requirements and expectations
- Approaching interviews with calm confidence
- Standout Medical Careers career planning activities, sample CV and Interview Checklist
- Mock panel interview
- Q&A throughout the session
“Just wanted to genuinely thank you for today, and feed back how helpful the workshop was. I started to fill in the workbook during the day and can already appreciate it will really assist me in teasing out how best to present myself. I do struggle in interviews with nerves, elaborating on personal qualities, and recalling examples/activities. Being prompted to think about these things will be invaluable for me. Thank you.
“Also thank you for your CV feedback. As you can see it wasn’t complete when I sent it, but I’m far more inspired now going back to it.
“A Saturday well spent! Stay safe and well.”
Resident Medical Officers, Wollongong – July 2021